Apple’s iOS has a hidden built-in Persian keyboard. You do not need to jailbreak your device for a Farsi keyboard and you do not need to pay $2 for a crappy keyboard application that has no use!
IMPORTANT: THIS TUTORIAL IS ONLY FOR USERS ON iOS 7.x
- Backup your iDevice using iTunes. (Just right click on your device name in iTunes and select “Backup Now”)
- Download iBackupBot. This is a small program that reads iTunes backup data.
- Open iBackupBot and find the backup you just made (Your backup should have a date). Then select that backup.
- Select “HomeDomain” under “System Files” in that backup.
- In the right panel, Find Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist and open the file. (if your software isn’t registered you’ll have to press cancel and then it will open)
- Find <key>AppleKeyboards</key> and after <array> add the following code: <string>fa@hw=Persian;sw=Persian</string>
- Make sure that this part of your file looks like the following. (It doesn’t have to be exactly the same. It should show all your available keyboards)
- Save the file, close its window and then restore your iDevice using iBackupBot. Right click on your backup file and select “Restore”. You’ll need to turn off Find My iPhone before restoring.